Tuesday 31 January 2012

Oh really?

Lochlan and Richard were playing yesterday, and Richard came into the kitchen to get a drink.

Lochlan comes running up, and hands Richard an imaginary jellybean, and says 'here you go Daddy, this is for when you get low'.

(For those unaware, Lochlan has Type 1 diabetes, and we always have jellybeans on hand to boost his levels should they drop low - hypoglycaemia)

Richard says thank you to Lochlan, and then mutters something under his breath.

Knowing that I might regret it, I ask what he just said.

"I said, the lowest I ever got was marrying your mother."

I told him he was going home with a friend that was due to visit later that day.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to feel so cherished eh? He's lucky he still has somewhere to sleep that isn't the dog house!

    ReplyDelete